5. Police, prosecutors, state and federal agents, forensic interviewers, court reporters, computer experts, accountants, and lab technicians engaged in law enforcement have a high level of professionalism and dedication to their jobs. None of them gets the respect they deserve.
6. People from intact families are far less likely to commit a crime or be the victim of one.
7. Victims of crime are among the most courageous people you could meet.
8. A very high percentage of criminal activity involves drugs or alcohol in some way.
9. Mayhem is a felony.
10. On the whole, bank robbers are probably the dumbest criminals.
11. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or hanging out with the wrong people can cost you your life.
12. The overwhelming majority of criminals are men, and the overwhelming majority of victims are women.
13. Nobody wakes up one morning and rapes a child. There has to be a long line of other choices that brings a person to a day on which something like that becomes possible.
14. People can change, but most never do.
15. The worst day of your life can lead you to make the changes that could have prevented that day from ever happening.
16. I have more in common with every defendant I have voted to indict than I will ever be willing to admit.
Jaymie Stuart Wolfe is a wife and mother of eight children, and a disciple of the spirituality of St. Francis de Sales. She is an inspirational author, speaker, musician and serves as an Associate Children's Editor at Pauline Books and Media.
|Page 2 of 2
If you found this article interesting please consider helping us continue to spread the Good News.